Here you’ll find details of the latest events we have planned over the coming months. Click on the links below for more information, including how to book.
The first ever UK Data4Good conference will bring together non-profit leaders to inspire and build confidence in the possibilities using data can bring. The conference will connect leaders and practitioners
The first ever UK Data4Good conference will bring together non-profit leaders to inspire and build confidence in the possibilities using data can bring.
The conference will connect leaders and practitioners from charities, social enterprises and funders to share knowledge, skills and good practice on how non-profits are adapting and excelling in an increasingly data-driven world.
We’ll showcase those at the forefront, harnessing data to design more effective and efficient services, achieve better outcomes, and deliver greater impact. We’ll also hear how data is informing and transforming funders’ policies and grant-making practices.
Responding to popular demand, we’ll share best practice on what data to collect, new digital tools for data management and analysis, and where to find help and resources. This event is also about creating a diverse community of ‘data4good people’. An opportunity for us to come together, share experiences, build our sector’s knowledge and skills.
Who’s it for?
- Leaders of charities, social enterprises, and other non-profits
- Data skilled/responsible people working in/with non-profits and funder organisations
- Funders including charitable trusts and foundations
- Academics/public sector professionals with an interest in data for good
- Businesses providing data related services and products to the non-profit sector
Just a few of the areas we’ll cover…
- Hear from inspiring data-driven non-profits
- Find out about the support available to non-profits looking to be more data-savvy
- Explore how advances in open and shared data, new technologies, and the drive towards evidencing impact are transforming how organisations, networks and communities build for a sustainable future
- data ethics and responsibilities
Organised by Data Orchard, in partnership with DataKind UK, NCVO, 360 Giving, TechTrust, The Royal Statistical Society, The Operational Research Society, Pro Bono Economics, RnR Organisation, and NPC.
Programme and speakers:
The conference will include a full day of inspiring stories, interactive breakout sessions and actionable learning. Sessions and breakouts will include:
- Becoming a data-savvy organisation
- Data and evidencing impact
- Innovative tools and approaches to analysing and presenting data
- How open data is transforming the funding landscape
- Responsibility and ethics around data
- Using data to build sustainable communities
- Collaborative approaches to collecting and sharing data
Speakers already lined up come from the event partners, as well as:
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Big Lottery Fund
- West London Zone
- The Key
- Brightspace Foundation
- Homeless Link
- Children’s Society
- The Engine Room
- British Science Association
- and more!
(Wednesday) 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Unique Venues, Birmingham
Centenary Square Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EP