Here you’ll find details of the latest events we have planned over the coming months. Click on the links below for more information, including how to book.
Aimed at leaders of local community and voluntary groups in Herefordshire, this lunchtime seminar will give headline results from Herefordshire's 'quality of life' survey. There will be time for
Aimed at leaders of local community and voluntary groups in Herefordshire, this lunchtime seminar will give headline results from Herefordshire’s ‘quality of life’ survey. There will be time for discussion about how the data can be used, and networking. We have limited tickets but it’s free and lunch will be provided.
Herefordshire residents were asked their views on a range of things like access to services, what people do in their free time (culture/leisure, volunteering, outdoors), social contact, how safe people feel, mental health and work/life balance. Part of a project called ‘Better data, better lives’, it’s unique as it has been entirely designed, managed and funded by the community and voluntary sector in Herefordshire. It will fill gaps where there is currently no recent data available for the county, so that hundreds of small voluntary and community organisations can target their services and resources to the people and places most in need.
(Thursday) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
West Street, Hereford, HR4 0BX
The first ever UK Data4Good conference will bring together non-profit leaders to inspire and build confidence in the possibilities using data can bring. The conference will connect leaders and practitioners
The first ever UK Data4Good conference will bring together non-profit leaders to inspire and build confidence in the possibilities using data can bring.
The conference will connect leaders and practitioners from charities, social enterprises and funders to share knowledge, skills and good practice on how non-profits are adapting and excelling in an increasingly data-driven world.
We will explore the opportunities and new challenges our sector is grappling with, and provide an opportunity for ‘data people’ in the sector to come together, share experiences and build a community.
Who’s it for?
- Leaders of charities, social enterprises, and other non-profits
- Data skilled/responsible people working in/with non-profits and funder organisations
- Funders including charitable trusts and foundations
- Academics/public sector professionals with an interest in data for good
- Businesses providing data related services and products to the non-profit sector
Just a few of the areas we’ll cover…
- Hear from inspiring data-driven non-profits
- Find out about the support available to non-profits looking to be more data-savvy
- Explore how advances in open and shared data, new technologies, and the drive towards evidencing impact are transforming how organisations, networks and communities build for a sustainable future
- data ethics and responsibilities
Organised by Data Orchard, in partnership with DataKind UK, NCVO, 360 Giving, TechTrust, The Royal Statistical Society, The Operational Research Society, Pro Bono Economics, RnR Organisation, and NPC.
Programme and speakers:
The conference will include a full day of inspiring stories, interactive breakout sessions and actionable learning. Sessions and breakouts will include:
- Becoming a data-savvy organisation
- Data and evidencing impact
- Innovative tools and approaches to analysing and presenting data
- How open data is transforming the funding landscape
- Responsibility and ethics around data
- Using data to build sustainable communities
- Collaborative approaches to collecting and sharing data
Speakers already lined up come from the event partners, as well as:
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Big Lottery Fund
- West London Zone
- The Key
- Brightspace Foundation
- and more!
Only 100 early bird tickets available – when they’re gone they’re gone!
Early bird tickets will end when the allocated 100 tickets have sold, or on 30 Sep 2018, whichever is sooner.
Following this, standard price tickets will be available at a cost of £119 / £139 / £169 (depending on the size of your organisation). So book now to benefit from a saving of up to £30 per ticket!
(Wednesday) 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Unique Venues, Birmingham
Centenary Square Broad Street, Birmingham, B1 2EP