Data Orchard is a unique research company. Our work combines specialist skills in research, statistics and data with shared passions around making the world a better place socially, economically and environmentally.
Our team brings extensive experience from across the public, private, and voluntary sectors. This means we can respond flexibly to the needs of our clients and bring added value to projects.
Our vision is of a world enriched and empowered through data.
To achieve our vision we’re making it our mission to enable organisations to use data for better decisions and a positive future.
The three key things we do are:
- Gather, explore and analyse data for organisations.
We design and deliver new research; identify the right questions and approaches to data collection; analyse existing available data; deliver imaginative consultation and engagement; and source existing open and public data and evidence.
- Build organisations’ data skills and capabilities
We help leaders to identify the right questions; advise on how to collect the right data to answer these; advise on data management and protection; guide effective presentation and communication of data; and provide customised training, advice and guidance.
- Promote the importance and value of data for good
We champion data for social good by facilitating dialogue about data; share best practice; run networking events and public speaking.
Data Orchard is a social enterprise and is legally registered as a ‘Community Interest Company’. This means we are ‘values driven’ and use our profits and assets for public good.
- Honesty: We believe in being truthful and fair. We can be trusted to provide integrity and objectivity. We take responsibility and keep our promises.
- Quality: We bring together highly qualified, knowledgeable and experienced people. We apply high standards of professionalism in our methodologies and approach. This ensures our work meets legal and ethical standards and is quality assured.
- Collaboration: Teamwork, trust, co-operation, listening and communication are key to the way we work: with each other, with clients and with other partners.
- Respect: We show mutual respect and consideration for one another. We believe everyone has the right to have a voice. We work to ensure people’s diverse backgrounds, ideas and opinions can be heard.
- Openness: We believe that by being open and transparent we create a culture of trust and shared learning. We challenge ourselves and are open to being challenged by others. We are inquisitive and receptive to discussion, new ideas and ways of doing things.